What can my pharmacist do for me?
Did you know your personal pharmacist can assess your health state and prescribe medications for certain minor conditions or ailments? It’s simple and easy!
Your pharmacist is a frontline healthcare professional that can help you with more than just your prescriptions. For a summary of all services available to you, consult our services section.
Here are some of the things they can do for you on the spot:
- Re-prescribe medication in certain cases, even if the original prescription is expired: allergies, bladder infections, diaper rash, eczema, hemorrhoids, minor acne, menstrual pain, mouth ulcer, oral herpes, thrush and vaginal yeast infections.
- Prescribe some medication for certain minor or urgent conditions: emergency oral contraception, lice, nausea and vomiting related to pregnancy, smoking cessation, traveler’s diarrhea, malaria and altitude sickness.
- Change the dosing, dosage form and quantity of a medication prescribed by your doctor.
- Assess blood glucose or cholesterol treatments.
- Conduct a formal medication review to ensure you are getting the most out of your treatment, that your medication is working properly for you and your lifestyle and that it is covered by your insurance plans.
- Help you understand your medication, their side effects and their possible interactions with food and other drugs and substances.
- Show you how to use specific methods of medication administration such as needles and asthma pumps.
- Advice on over-the-counter medication.
- Collaborate with other health professionals to optimize your treatment for better outcomes.
- Help determine if a health concern needs to be referred to another healthcare professional such as a physician, therapist, dietician, or nurse.
Your pharmacist, your best ally
Pharmacists play an important role in your overall health and can act as a main point of contact for your health concerns. They are accessible healthcare professionals, always ready to answer your questions and provide useful advice on your treatment or medication.
They’re also the perfect bridge to connect you with any other healthcare professional if needed. That is why our partnerships with GotoDoctor, and Tia Health are all about convenience by offering access to a doctor in no time should your situation require it.
Using these telemedicine platforms will also ensure that your doctor will be in discussion with your pharmacist about the best treatment for you, your needs and lifestyle. It’s a perfect match!