ABREVA, 10%, CREAM
This medication is typically used for cold sores. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is to be applied on the skin. To use:
- clean the affected area;
- apply a small quantity, and limit the application to the affected area.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. This product is to be applied only to affected areas. Avoid touching it with your fingers. To apply, use a finger cot (fingerstall) or an applicator.
Continue applying the product to complete the prescribed course of treatment, even after improvement is seen or felt.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause a reaction at the application site.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
This document contains useful information for those taking this medication. It is not intended, in any way, to replace the advice of a trained health professional. For more information, consult the manufacturer's literature, where you will find additional information about uncommon side effects as well as contraindications associated with this product.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.