ABSTRAL, 600MCG, S/L TABLET
This medication is a narcotic pain reliever. Typically, it is used for pain. Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
Place the tablet under the tongue. Let it dissolve without chewing or swallowing it.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed. Consuming alcohol may intensify the effect of this product. It is therefore advisable to avoid consuming alcohol or alcohol-containing products while taking this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause constipation -- to prevent this, drink plenty of water or juice, and eat more dietary fibre;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting;
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely. This drug is occasionally sought out by teenagers for non-medical purposes. Please store in a safe place.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
Rarely, this product causes potentially severe reactions, mostly if taken at high doses or with some other drugs. If you experience agitation, confusion, diarrhea, fever, tremor and muscular rigidity or contractions you should contact your doctor.
Chronic abusive use can lead to dependance.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.