ADVAIR, 25+125MCG, METERED INH.
This product contains two medications that act on the bronchi. Typically, it is used to control asthma and prevent crisis or for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
To use this inhaler, follow these steps:
- remove the cap and shake the inhaler well with the mouthpiece down;
- tilt your head back slightly;
- slowly breathe all the way out;
- place the mouthpiece in your mouth between your teeth and close your lips around it -- do not bite it;
- start to breathe in, then press down on the canister once, while continuing to breathe in slowly and deeply;
- hold your breath for 10 seconds then breathe out slowly;
- if you have been instructed to use more than one puff, wait 30 seconds before repeating the above steps.
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Use it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand. It is not advisable to stop using this product suddenly, particularly if you have been on it for several weeks. If you are considering stopping the medication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist first.
Using this product may cause throat irritation and coughing. You can avoid these problems by thoroughly rinsing your mouth and gargling after each dose. If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause an infection of the mouth or throat, known as thrush;
- it may cause palpitations (rapid and strong heart beat);
- it may irritate your throat;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause hoarseness;
- it may cause shakiness.
This product is sensitive to heat. Store it at room temperature, in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.