ARANESP, 150MCG/0.3ML, INJ.SYRINGE
This medication is typically used for the treatment of anemia (low red blood cells). It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously), according to the technique you were shown. Be sure to choose a different injection site each time.
Use this medication regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Dispose of used syringes and needles safely. Your pharmacist can tell you the best way to do this.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause muscle pain;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting;
- it may cause headaches;
- it could cause water retention and swelling.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.