AURO LEVOFLOXACIN, 500MG, TABLET
This medication contains an antibiotic from the quinolone family. Typically, it is used to treat infections. It may also have other uses. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, a treatment with this medication lasts several days. Take it for the entire time prescribed in order to achieve the medication's full benefit.
It is not advisable to chew or crush this medication since it has an unpleasant taste. If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up.
This medication may be taken with or without food. To ensure effectiveness, avoid taking an antacid for at least 6 hours before and 2 hours after this medication. Also avoid mineral supplements (calcium, iron, magnesium or zinc).
It is recommended to drink plenty of water while using this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause diarrhea or constipation, depending on the person;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause sleep disturbances or insomnia.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.