DORZOLAMIDE, 2%, OPHT. MINIM
This medication is typically used for glaucoma. It produces its action on its first day of use.
How to use this medication
This medication is for the eye. To use:
- wash your hands as well as the skin surrounding the affected eye;
- shake the container gently;
- gently pull down the lower lid of the affected eye;
- apply 1 drop of the medication;
- close the eye for 2 to 3 minutes, while gently pressing on the inner corner of the eye.
The product must be used as soon as the single dose container is opened. Any unused portion should be discarded.
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Use it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand. If you forget a dose, apply it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed one. Do not apply more to try to catch up.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause a bitter aftertaste;
- it may cause watering of the eyes;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation;
- it may cause the eyes to become more sensitive to light -- wear sunglasses if necessary;
- it may cause a stinging sensation.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.