EMLA, 2.5+2.5%, MED. DRESS.
This medication is typically used to numb the skin before a procedure. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
Ensure that the area to be covered is clean and dry. Apply the patch so that it completely covers the area to be treated. Do not apply it to skin that has been cut or scratched.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it could cause water retention and swelling;
- it may lighten the colour of your skin;
- it may cause local redness.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Do not allow it to freeze and keep it out of reach of young children. There is enough drug left in a used patch to be harmful to children. Before you dispose of a patch, fold it in half with the sticky sides together. Make sure that children will not be able to manipulate it.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.