FIRAZYR, 30MG/3ML, INJ.SYRINGE
This medication is typically used for the treatment of acute attacks of angioedema. Following injection, its action starts after a few hours.
How to use this medication
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously), according to the technique you were shown.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
If you have an obstruction of the upper airway causing difficulty breathing, go to the emergency room of the nearest hospital immediately after injecting the drug.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving;
- it may cause redness and swelling at the injection site;
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may cause a fever.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. To remain effective, this product must be kept in its original packaging. Do not transfer it to another container. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.