FORMULA P6, 9.1%, OINTMENT
This medication is typically used for the treatment of skin warts. It may also be used for corns and calluses, as well as for other uses. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
Directions for use:
- at bedtime, soak the warts in warm water for a least 5 minutes;
- dry the area well and remove excess white skin on the warts with a pumice stone or nail file;
- protect the skin around the warts by applying some petroleum jelly or nail polish;
- apply the product to each wart;
- cover the wart(s) with a dry plastic bandage and keep covered for 24 hours.
This product is very irritating to the skin. Make sure that you apply it only to the warts, and wash your hands after use.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes or lips. Do not apply it on skin that has been cut or scratched.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dryness and peeling of the skin;
- it may cause local irritation.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.