FOSRENOL, 750MG, CHEWABLE TAB
This medication is typically used for an excess of phosphate in the blood. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used 3 times a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
The tablets should be chewed completely before swallowing. Do not swallow intact tablets. This medication should be taken with or immediately after a meal.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may lower your blood pressure, which could cause weakness and/or dizziness.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Blood tests must be done regularly while using this medication. A blood sample will indicate whether your treatment is having the desired effect. It will also provide the necessary information for adjusting the dosage to the lowest effective dose, thus decreasing the risk of adverse effects. Be sure to keep all your appointments.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.