FUZEON, 108MG, INJ.POWDER
This medication is typically used for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
How to use this medication
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously). Do not shake the container before use. To use:
- once diluted following the manufacturer instructions, mix gently by rolling the vial between the palms of your hands;
- measure the prescribed dose carefully with a syringe;
- clean the skin at the injection site with an alcohol swab;
- pinch the skin and inject the medication into the fold
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand. Dispose of used syringes and needles safely. Your pharmacist can tell you the best way to do this.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause redness and swelling at the injection site;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- it may cause sleep disturbances or insomnia;
- it may cause numbness and discomfort in the arms or legs.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.